[mou] Re: Sax-Zim logging

Kim Graham kimlphotograham@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:34:54 -0800 (PST)

--0-544360637-1140194094=:68307

Sincere thanks to Mike Hendrickson for posting the the info about the logging going on in Sax-Zim.  I subscribe to the list server but am from central Ohio.  Last winter was my first time to Sax-Zim to see the owl irruption and it was amazing.  I am very sorry to hear about whats happening there and am equally disturbed to hear that there is likely nothing anyone can or will do about it (No,..I don't profess to have the answer either).  Having been there only once, so far, and granted it was for an event (the irruption of owls) that is cyclical in nature, it is hard to believe that the area is not already an IBA.  I'm obviously not well informed on what "protection" is granted an area once it is declared an IBA as Mike alludes to that would not stop the logging or does he mean it just won't happen soon enough to halt this destruction?
      Thanks again to Mike for making "us" aware of this sad state of affairs and please keep us updated.
                                   Fellow birder,
                                            Kim L. Graham

--0-544360637-1140194094=:68307

<DIV id=RTEContent>Sincere thanks to Mike Hendrickson for posting the the info about the logging going on in Sax-Zim.&nbsp; I subscribe to the list server but am from central Ohio.&nbsp; Last winter was my first time to Sax-Zim to see the owl irruption and it was amazing.&nbsp; I am very sorry to hear about whats happening there and am equally disturbed to hear that there is likely nothing anyone can or will do about it (No,..I don't profess to have the answer either).&nbsp; Having been there only once, so far, and granted it was for an event (the irruption of owls) that is cyclical in nature, it is hard to believe that the area is not already an IBA.&nbsp; I'm obviously not well informed on what "protection" is granted an area once it is declared an IBA as Mike alludes to that would not stop the logging or does he mean it just won't happen soon enough to halt this destruction?</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks again to Mike for making "us" aware of this sad state of affa
 irs and
 please keep us updated.</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Fellow birder,</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Kim L. Graham</DIV>
--0-544360637-1140194094=:68307--