[mou] Leo Lantz got banned from the MOU-Net?

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:04:32 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C63868.ECA490C0

Leo Lantz a birder from Iowa and strong conservationist from his state =
was banned from the MOU-Net!  He made a honest mistake by hitting the =
MOU address when he meant to hit MOM on his address.  Leo sent out to =
the MOU-Net by mistake a political posting that some found to be =
upsetting.

So someone on the MOU-listserve committee founf it in his right to ban =
Leo for his honest mistake.  I know Leo and I like him a lot as a birder =
and as a friend.  Leo inform me this week he is not going to be part of =
the MOU because some birders on this listserv decided to send him hate =
mails for his actions.  That is wrong and I am embarrass that birders =
can be so damn ignorant to a person like Leo.  I am no saint and there =
are many times I deserve flame emails but NOT Leo!  Leo is way to kind =
for that sort of thing.

I emailed the MOU president and David Cahlander and inform him that they =
better send Leo an apology and get him back on the MOU-Net and support =
him so he doesn't leave the MOU org. or else I will step down and cancel =
all the field trips and including the boat trips as well.  I am not =
going to put up with this sort of crap anymore from some people who =
think they can just go ahead and ban a birder for no good reasons even =
after admitting it was a honest mistake.

I am informing this on the MOU-Net because the bulk of our MOU members =
are on this listserv and I am speaking to all MOU members by posting =
this letter.  Leo can read MOU postings but he cannot post a reply nor a =
sighting to the MOU-Net without some moderator approving the content.  =
To me that is dumb and this penalty is to harsh for someone like Leo who =
(again) made a honest mistake.  The MOU lose Leo as a MOU member we will =
lose others as well.  Ban me as well for posting this email. I been =
banned by 1 listserv already I could really careless if I get chalked up =
by one more.=20

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C63868.ECA490C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Leo Lantz a birder from Iowa =
and strong=20
conservationist from his state was banned from the MOU-Net!&nbsp; He =
made a=20
honest mistake by hitting the MOU address when he meant to hit MOM on =
his=20
address.&nbsp; Leo sent out to the MOU-Net by mistake a political =
posting that=20
some found to be upsetting.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>So someone on the =
MOU-listserve committee=20
founf it in his right to ban Leo for his honest mistake.&nbsp; I know =
Leo and I=20
like him a lot as a birder and as a friend.&nbsp; Leo inform me this =
week he is=20
not going to be part of the MOU because some birders on this listserv =
decided to=20
send him hate mails for his actions.&nbsp; That is wrong and I am =
embarrass that=20
birders can be so damn ignorant to a person like Leo.&nbsp; I am no =
saint and=20
there are many times I deserve flame emails but NOT Leo!&nbsp; Leo is =
way to=20
kind for that sort of thing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I emailed the MOU president =
and David=20
Cahlander and inform him that they better send Leo an apology and get =
him back=20
on the MOU-Net and support him so he doesn't leave the MOU org. or else =
I will=20
step down and cancel all the field trips and including the boat trips as =

well.&nbsp; I am not going to put up with this sort of crap anymore from =
some=20
people who think they can just go ahead and ban a birder for no good =
reasons=20
even after admitting it was a honest mistake.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I am informing this on the =
MOU-Net=20
because the bulk of our MOU members are on this listserv and I am =
speaking to=20
all&nbsp;MOU members by posting this letter.&nbsp; Leo can read MOU =
postings but=20
he cannot post a reply nor a sighting&nbsp;to&nbsp;the MOU-Net without =
some=20
moderator approving the content.&nbsp; To me that is dumb and this =
penalty is to=20
harsh for someone like Leo who (again) made a honest =
mistake.&nbsp;&nbsp;The MOU=20
lose Leo as a MOU member we will lose others as well.&nbsp;&nbsp;Ban me =
as well=20
for posting this email. I been&nbsp;banned by 1 listserv already I could =
really=20
careless if I get chalked up by one more.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C63868.ECA490C0--