[mou] very interesting woodpecker item from arkansas

dan&erika danerika@gmail.com
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:00:27 -0600

------=_Part_9068_17753623.1140724827280

In the most recent issue of the AUK, the journal of the American
Ornithologists' Union, there is an interesting editorial by Jerome Jackson
(a woodpecker expert) that is quite skeptical (to say the least) about
the validity of the recent Ivory-billed sightings.  It makes for good
reading--I assume larger libraries will have a copy.

On another note, if any birder is interested in taking an on-line
Ornithology course, drop me a line (I trust such an offer is not a violatio=
of list protocol).

dan tallman
tallmand@northern.edu

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
danerika@gmail.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau

------=_Part_9068_17753623.1140724827280

hologists' Union, there is an interesting editorial by Jerome Jackson (a wo=
odpecker expert) that is quite skeptical (to say the least) about the&nbsp;=
validity of the recent Ivory-billed sightings.&nbsp; It makes for good read=
ing--I assume larger libraries will have a copy.
thology course, drop me a line (I trust such an offer is not a violation of=
 list protocol).</div>
Jim Williams</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:two-jays@att.net">two-jays@att.net</=
a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Begin forwarded message:<br><br>=
----- Original Message -----<br>From: &quot;. KDB .&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:buhrdz@hotmail.com">
buhrdz@hotmail.com</a>&gt;<br>To: &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tweeters@u.washingt=
on.edu">tweeters@u.washington.edu</a>&gt;<br>Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2=
006 7:39 AM<br>Subject: [Tweeters] News related to Ivory-bill Search<br><br=

my post of several days ago. It's not an Ivory-billed<br>Woodpecker, but<br=
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/ivory/field/from_field_html/whitePIWO</a><br><=