[mou] "White" owl and "Brown" owl--Canal Park, Duluth

Debbie Waters dlpwaters@charter.net
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:53:26 -0600

Hi folks,
I received a second hand report of a "white" owl that has been seen every
evening at dusk on the Lakewalk in Canal Park (Duluth).  The location would
be the corner of the Lakewalk where the mallards always are -- where the
boardwalk hits the freeway, or where that new outdoor store is (Midnight
Sun).  There are a bunch of spruces and pines planted along the freeway and
in the park above the freeway, and that's where he says it is hanging out.
It either sits in the evergreens or on one of the light poles.

This person also mentioned that he has seen a "big brown" owl in the area as
well.

Keep your eyes open!
Debbie
__________________________________
Debbie Waters, Education Director
Hawk Ridge Bird Observatory
P.O. Box 3006
Duluth, MN 55803-3006
(218) 428-6209
dwaters@hawkridge.org
www.hawkridge.org

"Owls on the Move" Symposium: March 17-19, 2006
       http://www.hawkridge.org/events/owl.html

"In the end we will conserve only what we love,
we will love only what we understand,
and we will understand only what we are taught."
                                                      --Baba Dioum