[mou] MSP Snowys, Dakota Gyr, Am Blackducks

JELLISBIRD@aol.com JELLISBIRD@aol.com
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:19:06 EST

    Saw two of the Snowy Owls at the airport with help from Connie Brunell.
One was on the fence immediately behind the glycol reprocessing facility and
one was further up Cargo Road on a small mound of snow, but on the same side of
the road between the two tunnels.
    Dangerfield's pond in Shakopee had at least two Am. Blackducks among the
mallards.
    I was looking west at a RTHawk atop one of the tall metal power poles
east of the intersection of MN55 and Dakota 42(East) when the Grey Phase
Gyrfalcon swept into view about 12:05 today. After it cleared 55 and the wires it
dropped low and powered across the triangular field at that intersection and then
went across 42. It rose above tree height, went over the tree line on the
bluff of the river  and then turned east and went along the tree line towards
Schaars Bluff and dropped out of sight. I couldn't find it again after that.
    John Ellis, St. Paul