[mou] Harlequin Duck-Grand Marais

B W wielandba@yahoo.com
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:39:58 -0800 (PST)

Molly Malecek and I saw an adult male Harlequin Duck
off Artist's Point on Wednesday (1/4) evening.  The
bird was diving with 3 male Common Goldeneyes about 50
meters off the end of the point (the walk out is
currently an ice capades type event).  Also 12
Long-tailed Ducks near the point and a male American
Widgeon in the harbor near North House Folk School.
We had great looks at Boreal Chickadees at the Lima
Mountain Road off the Gunflint earlier that same day,
and 10 Red-breasted Mergansers at Brighton Beach on
1/3.

Ben Wieland
Deep Portage Learning Center
Cass County