[mou] 2nd annual golden eagle count, join us

joan schnabel/jeff falk joanjeff@centurytel.net
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:10:21 -0600

 I'm Joan Schnabel and I'm a new poster to the list,
.  I live in Fountain City WI on the
mississippi river.  I volunteer on a regular basis at the eagle center in
Wabasha and occasionaly at Swan Watch in Alma and Hawk Ridge up in Duluth.
I am posting to invite people to participate in the 2nd. annual Golden
Eagle Survey on January 21 (or Jan22 if weather is bad)  This event is
organzied by Scott Mehus of Buffalo City.  Last year  24 observers spotted
21 probable (we're all still learning) goldens  We counted in Buffalo
county WI and Winona county MN.  You could
come up and ride a route with some of us, come up and have your own route
or create your own route where you live.  If you're interested either email
me, or call Scott 608-248-2698 ( best time to reach Scott between 10am and
2pm)  and we'll send you more info.  We welcome raptor enthusiasts of all
levels.  We'd also like to know if you had goldens on your CBC,  if you see
goldens on a regular basis, if you think their numbers are increasing, any
breeding pairs, how late in the year do they stay around  etc and any good
stories, field observations anyone has to relate. thanks. Joan Schnabel,
Fountain City, Buffalo County