[mou] Palisade Snowy Owl

shawn conrad dingermcduff@hotmail.com
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 13:10:48 -0600

This morning there was a Snowy Owl south of Palisade on 450th, 2 miles west
of CR 5.  I don't know if this is the same one reported on 380 recently.
The owl was a couple of hundred feet north on the ditchbank, so I didn't get
great looks.  I might have scribbled down the wrong road number (they're all
so similar out there), so here are the coordinates I observed it from:  N
46.40.038  W 93.31.626

There was also a flock of ~200 Bohemian Waxwings at the county garage just
south of Palisade on CR 5.

Virtually no birds to be seen on CR 18 & 5 north of Palisade and I couldn't
relocate the Snowy Owls reported earlier south of Tamarack, though there was
a flock of Snow Buntings on CR 16 and a Northern Shrike on 420th.

Shawn Conrad
Bovey