[mou] Snowy owl, Renville county

Randy Frederickson fredericksonr@willmar.k12.mn.us
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 20:45:53 -0600

On Sunday, Jan. 8th, my wife saw an adult male snowy owl in Renville county,
just south of the Kandiyohi county line.  As a reference point, go to the
EXTREME SE corner of Kandiyohi county- where Kandiyohi county #2 goes south
into Renville county and becomes Renville #16.  Going south, the bird was
seen just after the "S curve" sitting on top of a utility pole.

I spent several hours on Sunday looking (unsuccessfully) for snowies and she
was just on her way home when she says "it found me" when it flew up to the
pole about dusk...figures:-)

Randy Frederickson
Willmar