[mou] Snowy sighting

teambecker1@comcast.net teambecker1@comcast.net
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:42:32 +0000

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_18799_1137710552_0

Hi,
Just wanted to let everyone know there was a very tolerant female snowy owl hanging out on the east side of Hwy 77 on 66th St.  She was on top of the MSP airport/Longfellow Ave. sign from at least 5pm - 5:20pm 1/17.  I was parked less than 15 yards from her and there was quite a bit of traffic passing by and she just sat there preening.  At 5:20 she flew from her sign and landed 25 feet in front of my car, hopped around in the snow, and appeared to be cleaning her beak.  She then flew to the top of the Dept. of Transportation Bldg. (1912 E. 66th St.)  She stayed there about 5 minutes then flew to a light pole on the 66th St. bridge.  I was parked in the DOT lot and all this happened within 30 yards of my vehicle.  What a joy to watch! Good luck and happy birding!
Staci
--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_18799_1137710552_0

<DIV>Hi,</DIV>
<DIV>Just wanted to let everyone know there was a very tolerant female snowy owl hanging out&nbsp;on the east side&nbsp;of Hwy 77&nbsp;on 66th St.&nbsp; She was on top of the MSP airport/Longfellow Ave. sign from at least 5pm - 5:20pm 1/17.&nbsp; I was parked less than 15 yards from her and there was quite a bit of traffic passing by and she just sat there preening.&nbsp; At 5:20 she flew from her sign and landed 25 feet in front of my car, hopped around in the snow, and appeared to be cleaning her beak.&nbsp; She then flew to the top of the Dept. of Transportation Bldg. (1912 E. 66th St.)&nbsp; She stayed there about 5 minutes then flew to a light pole on the 66th St. bridge.&nbsp; I was parked in the DOT lot and all this happened within 30 yards of my vehicle. &nbsp;What a joy to watch! Good luck and happy birding!</DIV>
<DIV>Staci</DIV></body></html>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_18799_1137710552_0--