[mou] MOU Trip is canceled/Questions

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:36:55 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C622C0.A0FEB4B0

Because of sudden illnesses and availability of hotels in Duluth the MOU =
winter trip is canceled.  There were 12 people signed up and on the last =
3 days people began to cancel out of the trip. Mostly because of =
ailments and only one birder had issues getting a reservation in Duluth. =
The Duluth Beargrease Dog Sled is this weekend and that may of been the =
culprit on why there are no rooms avail in Duluth.

Also since I posted back in late December the 2006 MOU Birding Field =
Trips only one birder from Minnesota shown some interest in a few of the =
offerings this spring and fall..  This to me is a sign that MOU members =
may not be interested in these MOU field trip offerings.  I have =
expressed a lot of concern to the MOU board and so far no one on the =
board has reacted to my concerns.  So I am going to ask the MOU members =
of this listserve if they are think the MOU should continue to offer =
field trips in Minnesota relating to birds?  What can be done to improve =
these trips?  Are there to many trip offerings?  Should most of the trip =
offerings be in and around the Twin Cities where the bulk of the MOU =
members live?  I would love to hear from the MOU members on any helpful =
suggestions to get these MOU field trips up and running because so far =
they are collecting dust.

Back in 2003 thru 2004 the average participation for these MOU field =
trips was 15-20 birders/field trip and last year it sank to 6-8 birders/ =
field trip and also 1-2 trips were canceled because there was no =
interest.  So far in 2006 the first field of the year is canceled and I =
am sadden by this and also curious on why MOU Field Trips are not =
attractive to MOUers?

The only good thing about this I can now coach Becca's and Ben's =
basketball games this Saturday.

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C622C0.A0FEB4B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Because of sudden illnesses =
and=20
availability of hotels in Duluth the MOU winter trip is canceled.&nbsp; =
There=20
were 12 people signed up and on the last 3 days people began to cancel =
out of=20
the trip. Mostly because of ailments and only one birder had issues =
getting a=20
reservation in Duluth. The Duluth Beargrease Dog Sled is this weekend =
and that=20
may of been the culprit on why there are no rooms avail in =
Duluth.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Also since I posted back in =
late December=20
the 2006 MOU Birding Field Trips only one birder from Minnesota shown =
some=20
interest in a few of the offerings this spring and fall..&nbsp; This to =
me is a=20
sign that MOU members may not be interested in these MOU field trip=20
offerings.&nbsp; I have expressed a lot of concern to the MOU board and =
so far=20
no one on the board has reacted to my concerns.&nbsp; So I am going to =
ask the=20
MOU members of this listserve if they are think the MOU should continue =
to offer=20
field trips in Minnesota relating to birds?&nbsp; What can be done to =
improve=20
these trips?&nbsp; Are there to many trip offerings?&nbsp; Should most =
of the=20
trip offerings be in and around the Twin Cities where the bulk of the =
MOU=20
members live?&nbsp; I would love to hear from the MOU members on any =
helpful=20
suggestions to get these MOU field trips up and running because so far =
they are=20
collecting dust.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Back in 2003 thru 2004 the =
average=20
participation for these MOU field trips was 15-20 birders/field trip and =
last=20
year it sank to 6-8 birders/ field trip and also 1-2 trips were canceled =
because=20
there was no interest.&nbsp; So far in 2006 the first field of the year =
is=20
canceled and I am sadden by this and also curious on why MOU Field Trips =
are not=20
attractive to MOUers?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The only good thing about =
this I can now=20
coach Becca's and Ben's basketball games this Saturday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C622C0.A0FEB4B0--