[mou] Mourning Dove love

Laura Erickson bluejay@lauraerickson.com
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 09:02:41 -0500 (CDT)

If you want to read a hilarious and shockingly scientific account of Great
Horned Owl romance, with a clear and closely-viewed description of what
the female owl's "cloacal kiss" looks like, make sure you check out Karla
Kinstler's wonderful blog about her education owl Alice--especially the
entry, "Cloacal Kiss," at:

http://owlstuff.com/2006/03/cloacal-kiss.html

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Staff Ornithologist
Binoculars.com
www.birderblog.com

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the
winter.

			--Rachel Carson