[mou] Re: Bloopers

Warren Woessner WWoessner@slwk.com
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:28:43 -0500

Our house has a large window overlooking Minnehaha Creek. My non-birding
cousin was visiting and admiring the view when we saw a pure whitle
object in a tree a hundred yards or so away. I got my scope but I still
wasn't sure what it could be except for one of the white egrets - I
pronounced it a very good sighting for that part of the creek (but high
up in a tree?). Finally we got in the car to drive closer and the
mystery was revealed - it was an albino squirrel!
Warren

-----Original Message-----
From: mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu [mailto:mou-net-admin@cbs.umn.edu] On
Behalf Of Steve Weston
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:26 PM
To: Mou-net; mnbird; Birdchat
Subject: [mou] Re: Bloopers

The one blooper that my (non-birding) family will never let me forget:
We=20
were driving on the highway in the suburbs of Minneapolis, when I spoted
a=20
large bird perched on a fence post.  My initial ID's of some kind of
hawk...=20
no! an owl! ...  were met with prolonged laughter when we discovered a
it=20
was a cat sitting on top of the post.  It is hard to travel that road
with=20
my family without them snickering, even now, years later.   Birders are
far=20
more forgetful and forgiving.

sweston2@comcast.net=20