[mou] Nothern Hawk Owl

Linda Frederick lfredrck@rollanet.org
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:30:48 -0500

Sorry for the lateness of the report, but we were computer-less while in
your neck of the woods.

Thanks to Shawn Conrads' reports on the Duluth hotline, we were able to see
the Northern Hawk Owl in Itasca County.  (I don't know if it had been
reported previously by someone else.)

My husband and I viewed the Northern Hawl Owl along Hwy 65, in a snag west
of mile marker 194, 3.6 miles north of County road 53 on July 22.  This was
a life bird for me (and for my non-listing husband as well).

We camped at Lost Lake C.G. in the G. Washington State Forest and saw
numerous Blackburian, Black-throated Green, Magnolia, and Chestnut Sided
Warblers feeding young.  Always good to see these birds which are just
migrants through the Ozarks on their nesting grounds.

Thanks for not having many mosquitoes this year.

Linda and John Frederick
Rolla, Missouri