[mou] rufa red knot info request

Chris Mansfield bikebirder75@yahoo.com
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:45:12 -0700 (PDT)

Are there any sites or publications which have current or at least
recent years' information on the Delaware Bay spring Red Knot migrant
numbers (or breeding surveys in Arctic, or wintering, etc.)?

To make this MN-relevant (though I'm pretty sure most of the Red Knots
anyone sees here are subspecies rufa, too), it was nice to see some
adult migrant shorebirds on Park Point in Duluth last weekend, most
very worn in plumage and some just starting to show winter feathers,
like the Sanderlings (saw around 15 of these).  Also Baird's Sandpiper
(first adult I'd seen in MN) and Semipalmated Plover.

Chris