[mou] Barred Owl, YB Cuckoo at Crosby Farm Park

Jesse Ellis jme29@cornell.edu
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 11:32:26 -0500

Hi all-

Sorry this is a little late...  I'm only in town a short while and
had to subscribe.

On Tuesday May 31 my sister and I found a Barred Owl at Crosby Farm
Park in Saint Paul.  The bird was at the west end entrance not too
far from the path that leads toward the lake there, and was both
calling during daylight (a muted hoo-hoo, very dove-like) and easily
visible.  It watched us watch it a while before moving away.

On the path that goes around the lake, at a point where a short, wide
wooden bridge crosses a sort of canal, I heard a Yellow-billed Cuckoo
go off briefly.  We couldn't find the bird to see if, however.

Jesse
--
Jesse Ellis, Ph. D. candidate
Neurobiology and Behavior

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or
that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." --Theodore Roosevelt

  "The Inuit language for 10,000 years never had a word for robin, and
now there are robins all over their villages."
--John McCain, on global warming