[mou] Scarlet Tanager, Orange Variant, Murphy-Hanrehan, Scott County

Williams, Bob BXWilliams@CBBURNET.COM
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 20:50:50 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C68842.78CBBBE8

Spent the day in Faribault, Blue Earth and LeSueur Counties, but ended =
up back at my home turf in Scott County.  After finding an Acadian =
Flycatcher several hundred feet east of #17(the trail in the woods that =
starts across the road from the Pet Trails parking lot), I heard a =
tanager calling near the road and decided to check it out.  What I saw =
was a brilliant orange bird that in every other respect looked and =
sounded like a Scarlet Tanager.  It was actively foraging around the =
south end of the pond that is on the east side of the road across from =
the parking lot.  It was quite vocal and appeared to interact with at =
least one other male tanager.=20
Not a lot to report from the other counties:  Dickcissels in all 4, at =
least 83 White Pelicans at Rice Lake WMA in Faribault County(just east =
of Winnebago), Kentucky Warbler at Williams Nature Center and Bell's =
Vireo(heard only) at Minneopa State Park both in Blue Earth County.
Bob Williams, Bloomington

------_=_NextPart_001_01C68842.78CBBBE8

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML =
DIR=3Dltr><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=3D'Arial' =
color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Spent the day in Faribault, Blue Earth and =
LeSueur =0A=
Counties, but ended up back at my home turf in Scott County.&nbsp; After =
finding =0A=
an Acadian Flycatcher several hundred feet east of #17(the trail in the =
woods =0A=
that starts across the road from the Pet Trails parking lot), I heard a =
tanager =0A=
calling near the road and decided to check it out.&nbsp; What I saw was =
a =0A=
brilliant orange bird that in every other respect looked and sounded =
like a =0A=
Scarlet Tanager.&nbsp; It was actively foraging around the south end of =
the pond =0A=
that is on the east side of the road across from the parking lot.&nbsp; =
It was =0A=
quite vocal and appeared to interact with at least one other male =
tanager.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>=0A=
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Not a lot to report from the other =
counties:&nbsp; =0A=
Dickcissels in all 4, at least 83 White Pelicans at Rice Lake WMA in =
Faribault =0A=
County(just east of Winnebago), Kentucky Warbler at Williams Nature =
Center and =0A=
Bell's Vireo(heard only) at Minneopa State Park both in Blue Earth =0A=
County.</FONT></DIV>=0A=
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Williams, =0A=
Bloomington</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C68842.78CBBBE8--