[mou] Murphy-Hanrehan

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 14:09:11 -0500

My birding buddy and youngest son, Nathan, somehow has missed Cerulean
Warbler on his life list (in retrospect a bit frustrating, since we used to
live 35-40 minutes from two different breeding locations in southern
Wisconsin).

If my reading & observations are correct, the closest dependable location is
Murphy-Hanrehan, which I've not yet birded.  Have gone on the website and
downloaded information, but still have a couple of questions.

1) Lots of trails!  Where are the best locations for Ceruleans?  And, as an
added year bird bonus, the Hoodeds (since last year's vagrant hasn't
returned to Sherburne Refuge/Blue Hill Trail)?

2) Have Yahoo's directions to Savage, and the directions on the Three Rivers
Park Page.  Is it better to take 169/101 south to Savage, or pick up 35W S
to 42, or...?

3) Bonus question - any relatively dependable Kentucky Warblers within an
hour of this spot?

Thanks!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN