[mou] Rusty vs. Brewer

Curt Vacek Curt.Vacek@dnr.state.mn.us
Thu, 08 Jun 2006 12:51:31 -0500

My wife and I have either a pair of Rusty or Brewer's Blackbirds ground =
nesting in a wet meadow near our home.  The nest has four blackbird eggs, =
and has also been parasitized by a cowbird.  Neither of us are experts =
with blackbirds, yet given the song and lack of iridescence, we are =
leaning toward Rusty.  There also seem to be other pairs in the area. =
Regardless, either species would be a breeding record for Big Stone County =
(?).  We are not comfortable calling this one and are hopeful someone can =
verify for us.  I will not post directions to this site - please call   =
(320.297.0386) or email to arrange a visit. =20

Curt Vacek
Assistant Area Wildlife Manager
Minnesota DNR - Section of Wildlife
850 N Hering St