[mou] Iron range birds

audrey lynn alynneretired@yahoo.com
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:57:31 -0700 (PDT)

--0-334992367-1150073851=:46059

Hi All,
  This past week I tried to cover all my favorite birding places on "The Range", such as Embarrass Rice Paddies, Biwabik Sewage ponds, Forest Hwy 11(Co Rd110) and the Moose line and other areas near Hoyt lakes. I have counted 107 singing(breeding?) species so far.
   I don't have anything unusual to report, but was pleased to find all 21 species of warblers which one could expect to find including Canada, Cape May, Connecticut and Golden Wing in good numbers. I found a pair of Sandhill Cranes at the Rice Paddies. The big disappointment at the rice paddies were no Yellow-headed blackbirds and no rails. If anyone does find Rails or YH Blackbirds there please let me know. If anyone has questions please email me.
  Audrey Lynn Evers