[mou] hawk id help

Sandy Kuder fivekuders@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:34:31 -0800 (PST)

--0-1169567679-1141688071=:37149

Saturday I reported seeing a Broad-winged Hawk in Kanebec County.
  Now...I'm sure I was totally wrong.

  All day I've been thinking it was bigger than that.
  Totally white underneath.  Dark on top.
  It seemed big.  Approx. Osprey sized and the position while perched, reminded me of one also.  But wing shape was wrong.
  My very first thought was of Ferruginous.  But come on....in Kanebec County?    But then, I think I've seen a very similar hawk on the ground,during the summer months, a year or two ago.

  AAAggghhhh! It can drive a person crazy!

  So....Maybe a Krider's RT ?    Do we see alot of those in MN?

  Sandy Kuder
  Coon Rapids

 Yahoo! Mail
--0-1169567679-1141688071=:37149