[mou] C. Wren seen--Henn. Cty.

James Pomplun jpomplun@cpinternet.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:45:01 -0600

This morning at 9:25 I saw a Carolina Wren singing the long version of its
full-throated "tea kettle" type song several times thirty feet from the
bluff trail just beyond the third bridge from the parking lot at Old Cedar
Bridge. I reported hearing one in the same area last Friday (3/3), but
wasn't able to see or hear one Saturday, Monday, or Tuesday while checking
the area at about the same time. Today the bird was on the lake side of the
path, but later it was singing a slightly shorter version of its song up on
the bluff side (9:48-9:56+).
Yesterday at 11:10am from the parking lot at Old Cedar I saw a very early
Turkey Vulture.  I'm basing my identification on the bird's size, long
wings, head shape, solid black to solid white on the underside of the wings,
and the broad V-wing hovering it made. It didn't rock back and forth much
while hovering, but I don't think there was much wind then. I wonder if this
year's migration will be earlier than usual.   Jim