[mou] Update from Aitkin County

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:48:59 -0600

I looked around Aitkin County this past weekend and came up with a few
interesting things.
     2 SNOWY OWLS ( one along C.R.1 north of Aitkin and the other along
310th Ave. just south of Palisade--I received a message that a third
snowy was found dead along C.R.1, apparently electrocuted)
      4 BLACK-BILLED MAGPIES along C.R.1
      Several COMMON REDPOLLS, EVENING GROSBEAKS, PINE GROSBEAKS,SNOW
BUNTINGS and a flock of  about 60 BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS on the south edge of
Aitkin.
A few new spring migrants: flocks of RED-WINGED BLACKBIRDS, GRACKLES, a
dozen KESTRELS, several NORTHERN HARRIERS, RED-TAILED HAWKS, dozens of
ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS ( 16 in one field along C.R.1 just north of the
diversion channel), CANADA GEESE
Warren Nelson