[mou] Hubbard Co Trumpeter Swans

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:27:32 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,

I found a total of 27 trumpeter swans at various points along the Crow
Wing River in southern Hubbard Co. today.  This is my highest count ever
for trumpeter swans in the state.  Hopefully the trend will continue!

A few rough-legged hawks and red-tailed hawks in the area.  I did count 18
RL hawks in the drive around Rothsay WMA in Wilkin County earlier today.
Eight western meadowlarks and a few red-winged blackbirds there also.
Many robins and Canada geese in Wilkin and 3 cackling geese in Otter Tail
County.  Also 3 trumpeter swans at Hanah Park in Fergus Falls, and about a
dozen common goldeneye there as well.

Spring is finally coming to the north country!

Good birding,

Pat

Patrick Beauzay
Department of Entomology