[mou] MRVAC meeting this Thursday

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:13:03 -0600

Thursday March 23, 2006 meeting of the Minnesota River Valley Audubon
Chapter

Marie Digatono, an eco-tour leader and former parrot breeder, will present a
program on the neo-tropical birds of Northeast Mexico including three
critically endangered amazon parrot species as well as Green parakeets. She
will discuss efforts to combat the serious threats that they face in the
wild and the significance of eco-tourism in conservation. She will also talk
about her twenty-five years experience of keeping Yellow-headed Amazons, and
why she no longer breeds or promotes keeping large parrots as pets in
captivity.

The meeting is free and open to the public.  We encourage you to come for
the social period with coffee and cookies beginning at 7:00 p.m., followed
by a brief business meeting and the featured speaker at 7:30 p.m. The
meeting concludes at 9:00 p.m.

DIRECTIONS: The Visitor Center is located at 3815 American Blvd. East in
Bloomington, across from the Airport Hilton Hotel. From I-494, exit on 34th
Ave. and drive south. Turn left on American Blvd. East and drive 1/4 mile to
the entrance on the right. Or just follow the signs from I-494.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: The Visitor Center is about a 12-minute walk from the
Bloomington Central light rail stop.

sweston2@comcast.net