[mou] MRVAC Trip Report - Dakota County Sites

Richard J Specht rjspecht@juno.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:17:34 -0600

This morning, 12 of us checked various areas east of Rosemount in Dakota
County looking for waterfowl and other returning migrants.  First we
looked at a Great Horned Owl nest with two healthy young just east of the
intersection of Cedar and Dodd Roads (thanks Cynthia!). We then checked
Co 38 east of Rosemount, 140th street marsh area, Spring Lake Park, and
Hastings area.  We saw a total of 35 species including:

@ Great Horned Owl
@  Turkey Vulture
@ 10 species of waterfowl (including Hooded Merganzer)
@ American Kestrel
@ Red-bellied Woodpecker
@ Eastern Bluebird
@ American Robin
@ Red-winged Blackbird
@ Common Grackle
@ Mourning Dove
@ Bald Eagle - a group of at least 10 soaring high above the Mississippi

It was a great morning to be out and about!!!
Rick Specht