[mou] Aitkin County on Sunday

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:40:31 -0600

Today Butch Ukura and I birded around the Aitkin County and had a pretty
wonderful day.  It started of when a timber wolf crossed the road ahead
of us just off of C.R.1.  Later in the day, we had a coyote cross a
field just south of Palisade.  Birdlife included 42 species. Some of the
notables:  SNOWY OWL, GREAT HORNED OWL, BARRED OWL, SHARP-TAILED GROUSE,
RUFFED GROUSE, BLACK-BILLED MAGPIE, GRAY JAY, NORTHERN SHRIKE, COMMON
REDPOLL, EASTERN BLUEBIRD, WOOD DUCK, COMMON GOLDENEYE, HOODED
MERGANSER, COMMON MERGANSER and 60 ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS.        Warren Nelson