[mou] Winter Feeder Birds are BACK!

Matt Baumann baumann_matt@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:46:14 -0600

It was an unusual winter for bird feeder type birds at my yard in Winona.
The only birds I successfully attracted to a variety of feeders (thistle,
sunflower, suet) were two downy woodpeckers. This was the case from November
- March 25th. Around March 25, 2006, cardinals, house finches, mournig
doves, chickadees, and juncos all appeared and are present today. My only
theory is that with warmer Spring-like weather, some backyard feeders have
not been stocked well. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar
experience.

Matt Baumann
Winona, MN