[mou] (no subject)

Laura Erickson bluejay@lauraerickson.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 06:01:51 -0600 (CST)

My friend Kathleen Anderson, who has a wilderness retreat, Wintermoon
Summersun, in Brimson (less than a mile from my Breeding Bird Survey
route), has been getting a partial albino chickadee since March 9.  It's a
really cool looking bird--its head is mostly white, but it also has pink
legs and toes, with just a bit of pigment on some of the claws.  I went
over to look at it yesterday.  Photographing it was frustrating--it was
much more skittish than her other chickadees.  But I did post some photos
of it here:

http://birderblog.com/bird/Species/Titmice/Black-cappedChickadee/BCCHGallery.html

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Staff Ornithologist
Binoculars.com
www.birderblog.com

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the
winter.

			--Rachel Carson