[mou] ST Flycatcher, WF Ibis

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Tue, 02 May 2006 11:53:43 -0500

This morning, I searched for the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher near Downer and
found it after a bit of searching. Unlike Matt Mecklenburg and Bob O'Connor,
I found it in the original location just north of Downer on Hwy. 9. This was
at around 9:15, so after it had been a mile to the east it returned to its
original location. So this bird is moving around a bit. I found the bird
near the horse pasture along the fence line actively feeding. The long tail
and rosy underwings were stunning.
Also of note this morning, I refound the White-faced Ibis in Otter Tail
County at Copeland State WMA. Also here were Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs,
Wilson's Phalarope, Pectoral Sandpipers, Marbled Godwit and Long-billed
Dowitcher. On CR 15, a few miles north of 110th St, there is a spot where
the road is partially under water. There was a Willet here both times I
passed by.

I also birded Felton Praire. I found the usual CC Longspurs, Marbled
Godwits, and Loggerhead Shrike. I checked out rock pile 6006 amd 6002, but
it was quiet. No sign of Rock Wren yet, and no signs of the Say's Phoebes
either. Who knows whether either species will return. I'll continue to check
as the spring progresses.

Ben Fritchman