[mou] Changes

BobHoltz1933@aol.com BobHoltz1933@aol.com
Wed, 3 May 2006 22:29:59 EDT

-------------------------------1146709799

I presume most of us have read or heard of home ranges and breeding areas of
certain bird species moving farther north with the suspected reason being
Global Warming. Well, this evening on MPR I heard a report that there appears to
be a different situation affecting certain other species - particularly
warblers. The study being cited indicated that in some areas trees are leafing out
sooner, but certain bird species are not returning earlier. Therefore, when
their young hatch it is not the peak time for finding insect larvae. Those young
then are not as fit when migration time arrives so they, the Ovenbird was one
mentioned, have a harder time making the energy demanding migration.
If anyone has seen this in print or finds it, please let me know the source.
Thanks.

Bob Holtz

If you are too busy to go birding, you are too busy.

-------------------------------1146709799

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>I presume most of us have read or heard of home ranges and breeding are=
as of&nbsp;certain bird species moving farther north with the suspected reas=
on being Global Warming. Well, this evening on MPR I heard a report that the=
re appears to be a different situation affecting certain other species - par=
ticularly warblers. The study being cited indicated that in some areas trees=
 are leafing out sooner, but certain bird species are not returning earlier.=
 Therefore, when their young hatch it is not the peak time for finding insec=
t larvae. Those young then are not as fit when migration time arrives so the=
y, the Ovenbird was one mentioned, have a harder time making the energy dema=
nding migration.</DIV>
<DIV>If anyone has seen this in print or finds it, please let me know the so=
urce. Thanks.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bob Holtz</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=