[mou] Murphy Hanrehan

Leo leodwm@comcast.net
Sun, 21 May 2006 20:54:47 -0500

Hello all!
We went out birding to Murphy Hanrehan this morning at around 8:00. Took
the trail on the roadside into the woods loop. (Not the lake loop) We
went 'backwards' so that we went to the usual Hooded Warbler spot first.
Tennessee warblers were everywhere, along with the usual Hooded, (There
might have been two) Redstarts, Blue-winged, Black-and-white,
Blackburnian, and after that, the treat that made my day was a Mourning
Warbler that was chirping RIGHT out in the open. I've never seen one of
them, and never DREAMED of seeing one perched on a stick above the
bushes chirping. We heard and spotted a Black-throated Green after that,
then two people told us there was a Canada Warbler calling from in the
woods. The Hooded hung around all the time we were there at it's usual
spot. Ovenbirds called from all around.
   We also took the left road where the road splits to the pet trails
and found a single male Bay-breasted Warbler singing in the trees. No
Ceruleans...
The usual thrushes and yellow-throated vireos were there as well.

Great day for birding!
- Leo WM.