[mou] Snowy Egret-Steele County

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Tue, 23 May 2006 22:24:47 -0500

This afternoon while birding in Steele County, I happened upon a Snowy Egret
near Rice Lake. The bird wasn't at Spindler's Pond. It was actually at a
pond a few miles northwest of Rice Lake. Take the road going north out of
the town of Rice Lake. This is the Dodge/Steele County line road. It goes
north for a mile, then it curves west. Go roughly two miles west and then
turn north on NE 64th Ave. Go a little over a mile, and then to the east you
will see an Elk farm, and behind it is a large pond. The Snowy Egret was
hanging out on the south shore with several Great Egrets.

Also, at the time I was in Steele County, I had no idea there was a
Townsend's Warbler reported in Owatonna. I even ate lunch in Owatonna today!
So unfortunately I have no update on the warbler.

Ben Fritchman
Long Prairie, Todd County