[mou] Finch Forecast Question

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:30:34 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6FF3B.7A17A0C0

Duluth weather is very hard to predict and most times our local =
weathermen on TV are normally wrong when it comes to forecasting the =
weather in Duluth. Well, I scan over each fall season the finch forecast =
that is forwarded to the MOU listserv and I read how the states will see =
very little winter finches this winter season because of the bumper crop =
of seed in birches, other decidous trees and coniferous trees. WELL in =
the last week or so there has been a  good steady migration of common =
redpolls, red & white-wing crossbills, pine grosbeaks, evening =
grosbeaks, purple finches and pine siskins moving down the northshore of =
Lake Superior.  This past week I had common redpolls at my feeders along =
with purple finches and siskins.

So is it just me that the finch forecast we read on our listserv each =
fall season is about as good as listening to your local weatherman on TV =
predicting the weather?=20

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6FF3B.7A17A0C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Duluth weather is very hard =
to predict=20
and most times our local weathermen on TV are normally wrong when it =
comes to=20
forecasting the weather in Duluth. Well, I&nbsp;scan over each fall =
season the=20
finch forecast that&nbsp;is forwarded to the MOU listserv and I read how =
the=20
states will see very little winter finches this winter season because of =
the=20
bumper crop of seed in birches, other decidous trees and coniferous =
trees. WELL=20
in the last week or so&nbsp;there has been a &nbsp;good steady migration =
of=20
common redpolls, red &amp; white-wing crossbills, pine grosbeaks, =
evening=20
grosbeaks, purple finches and pine siskins&nbsp;moving down the =
northshore of=20
Lake Superior.&nbsp; This past week I had common redpolls at my feeders =
along=20
with purple finches and siskins.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>So is it just me that =
the&nbsp;finch=20
forecast we read on our listserv each fall season is about as good as =
listening=20
to your local weatherman on TV predicting the =
weather?&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6FF3B.7A17A0C0--