[mou] Cackling Geese, Lincoln's Sparrow, Menalistic Squirrel, ect. (Hennepin Co)

alyssa tiger150@comcast.net
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 16:18:50 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C70351.93350BF0

I biked over to Westwood Hills Nature Center in St. Louis Park from =
9:30-11:30 this morning. The lake was alive with many, many geese, a =
good portion of them being CACKLING GEESE. Also present on the lake were =
mainly HOODED MERGANSERS and C. GOLDENEYES, with a few BUFFLEHEAD mixed =
in. Plus, several muskrats came out and allowed nice, close looks. And, =
oddly enough, I saw some chickadees in the cattails. Any thoughts? Also =
present at the nature center:
@ W-T Sparrows
@ Am. Tree Sparrows
@ Wild Turkey family
@ Great Horned Owls--the naturalists said that a pair have been roosting =
up on the spruce trail for several days and already hooting. I did see =
one briefly fly to the north end of the spruce area, but I could not =
relocate it.
@ Red-bellied Woodpeckers
When I biked home, I came across a LINCOLN'S SPARROW foraging with a =
flock of American Tree Sparrows (off of Western Ave, near Winnetka, by =
the marsh sidewalk.) According to last year's dates, the lastest one in =
the fall was 10/21. (E-mail for more specific directions.)=20
On Ford Road in Hopkins, I saw a (black) melanistic gray squirrel in a =
yard. Don't seem to see those that often.=20
I don't think any of us could have asked for a better day in November!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.
------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C70351.93350BF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I biked over to Westwood Hills Nature =
Center in St.=20
Louis Park from 9:30-11:30 this morning. The lake was alive with many, =
many=20
geese, a good portion of them being CACKLING GEESE. Also present on the =
lake=20
were mainly HOODED MERGANSERS and C. GOLDENEYES, with a few BUFFLEHEAD =
mixed in.=20
Plus, several muskrats came out and allowed nice, close looks. And, =
oddly=20
enough, I saw&nbsp;some chickadees in the cattails. Any =
thoughts?&nbsp;Also=20
present at the nature center:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>@ W-T Sparrows</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>@ Am. Tree Sparrows</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>@ Wild Turkey family</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>@ Great Horned Owls--the naturalists =
said that a=20
pair have been roosting up on the spruce trail for several days and =
already=20
hooting.&nbsp;I did see one briefly fly to the north end of the spruce =
area, but=20
I could not relocate it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>@ Red-bellied Woodpeckers</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I biked home, I came across a =
LINCOLN'S=20
SPARROW foraging with a flock of American Tree Sparrows (off of Western =
Ave,=20
near Winnetka,&nbsp;by the marsh sidewalk.) According to last year's =
dates, the=20
lastest one in the fall was 10/21. (E-mail for more specific=20
directions.)&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>On Ford Road in Hopkins, I saw&nbsp;a =
(black)=20
melanistic gray squirrel in a yard. Don't seem to see those that often.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I don't think any of us could have =
asked for a=20
better day in November!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alyssa DeRubeis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Golden Valley, Hennepin=20
Co.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C70351.93350BF0--