[mou] Duluth, etc

Dennis/Barbara Martin dbmartin@skypoint.com
Sat, 7 Oct 2006 21:31:09 -0500

At Lafayette Park from 8:30 to 10:30 AM had one Red-throated Loon and one
Pacific Loon.  At least 5 Common Loons were also present.  A very distant
jaeger was unidentified.

At Stony Point about 11:30 a Black-backed Woodpecker flew by calling as it
went on the way to Duluth.  Gray Jays were seen in several places in Lake
County, all seeming to be heading west toward Duluth.  I guess the irruption
is continuing.  Pretty cool!!

The Smith's Longspur was refound just west of the building at the Castle
Danger sewage ponds and closed dump.  We actually spent two hours walking
the fields with no Smiths, but did have Savannah, Tree, and White-crowned
Sparrows, and several Laplands.  While looking around the rock areas came
across a good sized flock of Horned larks, Lapland, and one female Smith's
Longspur.

Dennis and Barbara Martin
dbmartin@skypoint.com