[mou] Probable Little Gull

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 07:27:59 -0500

Nathan and I had a probable Little Gull yesterday morning on Mille Lacs
Lake:  intense red legs, black on cap & above eye area as well as behind
eye, smaller size among numerous Bonapartes - unfortunately we were unable
to view the wing markings in flight.  The bird was located along CR 35, just
south of the reservation, along the beachfront (just before 35 turns 90
degrees west to 169).

Other observations:  missed the Townsend's Solitarie reported earlier this
week along CR 142...Wilson's Snipe were numerous along the western shore
(counted 16 without trying)...Bald Eagles were also numerous (15)...pre-dawn
start yielded no owl ID's, although at least two Woodcock remained at Kunkel
WMA...one Pipit...number of Forster's Terns...our first Northern Shrike of
season at Father Hennepin...funky meadowlark working the lakeshore area
(guess his/her blackbird tendencies were showing).

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties