[mou] Update from Aitkin County

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:34:25 -0500

This past weekend Steve and Jo Blanich and I birded around Aitkin County
and found a few interesting things.  At the Rice Lake National Wildlife
Refuge we found 12 BLACK-BELLIED PLOVERS, 24 PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, a
GOLDEN PLOVER, 9 SNIPE, 3 LONG-BILLED DOWITCHERS, a KILLDEER, 24 GREATER
YELLOWLEGS, a MERLIN, 24 BALD EAGLES, several NORTHERN HARRIERS, 2
SHARP-SHINNED HAWKS, several flocks of RUSTY BLACKBIRDS, TRUMPETER
SWANS, TUNDRA SWANS  and at least 150,000 RING-NECKED DUCKS.  Outside
the refuge, we also found SNOW BUNTINGS, ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK and a late
adult male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK just south of Palisade.      Warren
Nelson