[mou] Probable Mute Swan, Centerville Lake, Anoka Cty

Julian Sellers JulianSellers@msn.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:45:03 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C6F7A4.E6507E90

Yesterday (Monday) afternoon, Bill Bronn and I went looking for scoters =
on Centerville Lake.  We found none.  A probable Mute Swan was in the =
center of the Lake.  It was perhaps 300-400 yards away, and the light =
was not good, but the beak appeared to be mostly dull orangish with a =
black button and black edge near the face (no knob).  The bird was all =
white except a bit darker on top of the head.  Its posture and movements =
said "Mute" to me--neck often curved, and bill mostly pointed downward, =
approaching vertical.

Julian
St. Paul
------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C6F7A4.E6507E90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Yesterday (Monday) afternoon, Bill Bronn and I went looking for =
scoters on=20
Centerville Lake.&nbsp; We found none.&nbsp; A probable Mute Swan was in =
the=20
center of the Lake.&nbsp; It was perhaps 300-400 yards away, and the =
light was=20
not good, but the beak appeared to be mostly dull orangish with a black =
button=20
and black edge near the face (no knob).&nbsp; The bird was all white =
except a=20
bit darker on top of the head.&nbsp; Its posture and movements said =
"Mute" to=20
me--neck often curved, and bill mostly pointed downward, approaching=20
vertical.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Julian</DIV>
<DIV>St. Paul</DIV></BODY></HTML>