[mou] About the metro

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:13:58 -0500

A couple of days ago I passed a probable Rough-legged Hawk along I-35e about
a mile south of I-35 split near Forest Lake.  The hawk was right next to the
road perched on the twigs of a very small tree.

I received more reports of other birders finding the dark eagle by Black
Dog.  I still haven't had a definitive ID.  The lack of comments by
experienced birders, leads me to suspect that it might have just been an
immature Bald Eagle.

There is a family of what looks like Trumpeter Swans on the north side of
I-494 bridge.  Hopefully they will stay through the CBC count.

I am still finding smashed Possums,  most recently in Eagan and Apple
Valley.  This isn't as significant as finding them in wild areas away from
the civilization where they can provide the important service of guiding
lost hikers back to the nearest road (where they can fulfill their destiny).

sweston2@comcast.net