[mou] Black-backed Woodpecker at Afton State Park, Washington County

Williams, Bob BXWilliams@CBBURNET.COM
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:40:06 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6FB68.206B7620

This morning about 7:30am I found a female Black-backed Woodpecker along =
the trail that leads south from the visitor's center at Afton State Park =
in Washington County. Take the trail south 0.5 kilometers(as shown on =
trail map) and take the trail to the east into the woods.  This trail =
then loops around to the south and then back to the west into a stand of =
very tall red pines.  Ths bird was working very hard on one of these =
pines about 30 yards past the blue arrow along the path.  I observed the =
bird for several minutes and saw all of the distinguishing marks.  The =
bird also called several times.
The people at the office were notified and I left a map with the =
location of the bird there in case these directions are confusing.
Bob Williams, Bloomington

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6FB68.206B7620

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML =
DIR=3Dltr><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=3D'Arial' =
color=3D#000000 size=3D2>This morning about 7:30am I found a female =
Black-backed =0A=
Woodpecker along the trail that leads south from the visitor's center at =
Afton =0A=
State Park in Washington County.&nbsp;Take the trail south 0.5 =
kilometers(as =0A=
shown on trail map) and take the trail to the east into the woods.&nbsp; =
This =0A=
trail then loops around to the south and then back to the west into a =
stand of =0A=
very tall red pines.&nbsp; Ths bird was working very hard on one of =
these pines =0A=
about 30 yards past the blue arrow along the path.&nbsp; I observed the =
bird for =0A=
several minutes and saw all of the distinguishing marks.&nbsp; The bird =
also =0A=
called several times.</FONT></DIV>=0A=
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The people at the office were notified =
and I left a =0A=
map with the location of the bird there in case these directions are =0A=
confusing.</FONT></DIV>=0A=
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Williams, =0A=
Bloomington</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6FB68.206B7620--