[mou] RE: [mnbird] Black-backed Woodpecker at Afton State Park, Washington County

Williams, Bob BXWilliams@CBBURNET.COM
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:33:49 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6FB68.206B7620

I went back after reporting this bird at the office of the park and it was =
not at it's original location.  I was there at about 9am for about 15 minut=
es and did not see or hear it.  I hope that it can be relocated in the park=
.  According to the MOU Checklist a Black-backed Woodpecker was seen in Was=
hington County on Oct. 28 of 1964 and again in January of 1973 and January =
of 1983. =20
Bob Williams, Bloomington

From: Williams, Bob
Sent: Sun 10/29/2006 8:40 AM
To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
Cc: mnbird@lists.mnbird.net
Subject: [mnbird] Black-backed Woodpecker at Afton State Park, Washington C=
ounty

This morning about 7:30am I found a female Black-backed Woodpecker along th=
e trail that leads south from the visitor's center at Afton State Park in W=
ashington County. Take the trail south 0.5 kilometers(as shown on trail map=
) and take the trail to the east into the woods.  This trail then loops aro=
und to the south and then back to the west into a stand of very tall red pi=
nes.  Ths bird was working very hard on one of these pines about 30 yards p=
ast the blue arrow along the path.  I observed the bird for several minutes=
 and saw all of the distinguishing marks.  The bird also called several tim=
es.
The people at the office were notified and I left a map with the location o=
f the bird there in case these directions are confusing.
Bob Williams, Bloomington

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6FB68.206B7620

<HTML dir=3Dltr><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV id=3DidOWAReplyText45216 dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I went back afte=
r reporting this bird at the office of the park and it was not at it's orig=
inal location.&nbsp; I was there at about 9am for about 15 minutes and did =
not see or hear it.&nbsp; I hope that it can be relocated in the park.&nbsp=
; According to the MOU Checklist a Black-backed Woodpecker was seen in Wash=
ington County on Oct. 28 of 1964 and again in January of 1973 and January o=
f 1983.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Williams, Bloomington</FONT>=
</DIV></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr><BR>
<HR tabIndex=3D-1>
<FONT face=3DTahoma size=3D2><B>From:</B> Williams, Bob<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sun=
 10/29/2006 8:40 AM<BR><B>To:</B> mou-net@cbs.umn.edu<BR><B>Cc:</B> mnbird@=
lists.mnbird.net<BR><B>Subject:</B> [mnbird] Black-backed Woodpecker at Aft=
on State Park, Washington County<BR></FONT><BR></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>This morning about 7:30am =
I found a female Black-backed Woodpecker along the trail that leads south f=
rom the visitor's center at Afton State Park in Washington County.&nbsp;Tak=
e the trail south 0.5 kilometers(as shown on trail map) and take the trail =
to the east into the woods.&nbsp; This trail then loops around to the south=
 and then back to the west into a stand of very tall red pines.&nbsp; Ths b=
ird was working very hard on one of these pines about 30 yards past the blu=
e arrow along the path.&nbsp; I observed the bird for several minutes and s=
aw all of the distinguishing marks.&nbsp; The bird also called several time=
s.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The people at the office were notified and=
 I left a map with the location of the bird there in case these directions =
are confusing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Williams, Bloomington</FONT></DIV></DI=