[mou] Clay Co. Townsend's Solitaire

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:18:37 -0600 (CST)

Hello all,

Today I found an adult Townsend's Solitaire near Bluestem SNA southeast of
Glyndon. The bird was perched near a grove of pine and ash at a farm about
1/2 mile west on 17th Ave from the junction with CR23. This is about 1.5
miles north of the landfill.

About 300 or so Ring-billed Gulls and 3 Franklin's Gulls that I saw in a
field just northeast of the landfill as a farmer was disking corn stubble,
but I could not locate the California Gull reported from last Sunday.

Other than that, Clay County was very quiet. After reading this weekend's
North Shore postings, I'm definitely envious!

Good Birding!

Pat

Patrick Beauzay
Department of Entomology