[mou] update on Plegadis ibises in west-central Minnesota

Peder Svingen psvingen@d.umn.edu
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 21:56:45 -0500

--Apple-Mail-1-703862774

A total of 9 Plegadis ibis was found at 3 west-central Minnesota
locations today (2 September) where ibises have been present in varying
numbers for at least the past 2 weeks:
1) state highway 28, just west of Big Stone County Road 61 (5 birds);
2) Big Stone County Road 64, about a mile east of US 75 and across the
road from Munnwyler Lake (one juvenile);
3) Big Stone NWR Auto Tour Route (3 birds).

None of the above were adults and none could be identified as to
species. I checked the location in Traverse County where Bill Unzen
reported 14 ibises several days ago (see
<http://moumn.org/cgi-bin/recent.pl> for directions) and found none.
--
Peder H. Svingen
Duluth, MN