[mou] Plegadis Ibis, Brown County

Brian Smith brsmith@sleepyeyetel.net
Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:23:51 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01C6D025.5C987320

Around 11:15 a.m. today, I found three Plegadis Ibis at a large, unnamed =
marsh which is about 1/2 mile east of the town of Godahl.  The marsh is =
on the north side of Brown Cty. 6 (this is the divide between Brown and =
Watonwan counties).  The Ibis' were resting and foraging out in the open =
of the marsh in the NW section.  I estimated that they were 100-120 =
yards from the road, so I got good but not great looks at the birds with =
my scope.  Shortly after I started viewing the Ibis, one of them walked =
behind a grassy island and I was unable to see it again.  The other two =
remained out in the open. These two were chestnut colored on the lower =
neck, back, and breast. The wings were a glossy green color.  I couldn't =
make out any detail on the neck and head.  At times I thought I could =
see red iris on the birds but they were too far away to tell for sure. =
They were still present when I left around 12:15 p.m.  There were also =
fair numbers of shorebirds present, including two Red-necked Phalaropes.

Happy Labor Day, everyone!

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01C6D025.5C987320

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Around 11:15 a.m. today, I found three =
<EM><STRONG>Plegadis=20
Ibis</STRONG></EM> at a large, unnamed&nbsp;marsh&nbsp;which =
is&nbsp;about 1/2=20
mile east of the town of Godahl.&nbsp; The marsh is on the north side of =
Brown=20
Cty. 6 (this is the divide between Brown and Watonwan counties).&nbsp; =
The Ibis'=20
were resting and foraging out in the open of the&nbsp;marsh in the NW=20
section.&nbsp;&nbsp;I estimated that they were 100-120 yards from the =
road, so I=20
got good but not great looks at the birds with my scope.&nbsp; Shortly =
after I=20
started viewing the Ibis, one of them walked behind a grassy island and =
I was=20
unable to see it again.&nbsp; The other two remained out in the open. =
These two=20
were chestnut colored on the&nbsp;lower neck, back, and&nbsp;breast. The =
wings=20
were a glossy green color.&nbsp;&nbsp;I couldn't make out any detail on =
the neck=20
and head.&nbsp; At times I thought I could see red iris on the birds but =
they=20
were too far away to tell for sure.&nbsp;They were still present when I =
left=20
around 12:15 p.m.&nbsp; There were also fair numbers of shorebirds =
present,=20
including two Red-necked Phalaropes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Happy Labor Day, everyone!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Brian Smith</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Sleepy Eye</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01C6D025.5C987320--