[mou] Aitkin County update

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:29:48 -0500

There are a lot of  members of the heron family hanging around the rice
paddies north of Aitkin.  I counted  a total of 33 GREAT EGRETS sitting
in the trees with several more in the paddies. Also present were at
least 4 AMERICAN BITTERNS, 6 GREEN HERONS, several GREAT BLUE HERONS,
eight SANDHILL CRANES.  Also surpising were several SORAS , VIRGINIA
RAILS, GREATER and LESSER YELLOWLEGS, SOLITARY SANDPIPERS, SNIPE and a
flock of BOBOLINKS.  At the Moose Willow WMA just south of Hill City, I
played a tape of a Sora and had between 15 and 20 of call back.
Warren Nelson