[mou] Plegadis ibis at Swan Lake, Nicollet County

rdunlap@gac.edu rdunlap@gac.edu
Sat, 09 Sep 2006 13:38:21 -0500

Around 12:30 today I refound the ibis reported this morning at Swan
Lake, Nicollet County. Viewed from the conservation club access, the
bird was feeding alone on the mudflats a few hundred yards to the
north. All you can tell from this distance is that it is a Plegadis
ibis; I wasn't even able to identify it as a nonbreeding adult or
juvenile.

There are extensive mudflats viewed from the conservation club access,
but they are a considerable distance from the grassy point from which
one usually scans the lake. I suppose it would be possible to walk on
the firmer parts of the mudflats in  an attempt to get closer looks at
the shorebirds. And there are definitely LOTS of shorebirds out there.

Bob Dunlap, bringing the ruckus back to Nicollet County