[mou] Whimbrel in Duluth

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:11:49 -0500

Today I walked out on the Park Point Hiking Trail beyond Sky Harbor
Airport and found surprisingly few migrant land birds. However, there
was a Whimbrel in the grass/weeds at the S end of the airport runway,
and near here on the bay side of the Point was a juv Forster's Tern
(relatively rare/uncommon in Duluth), and a Black Tern (also uncommon)
flew by on the lake side. I did not spend much time scanning the lake
for jaegers or gulls, but favorable E - NE winds are still blowing
today and remain in the forecast for tomorrow.  - Kim Eckert