[mou] oven bird

Thomas Maiello thomas@angelem.com
Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:30:28 -0700

Have been delightfully blessed with the continued appearance of an
Ovenbird in my back yard arbor.  For all the "teacher-teacher-teacher" I
have heard at piercing volumes at what seemed to be arm's reach, I am
grateful that one would so proudly strut it's stuff for me day-after-day
for the last week and a half.  I am surprised that it is so small.  I
was sure for the volume that it had to be thrush-sized.  If opera
singers could proportionately wail as loudly as this little guy, opera
houses would have to built with reinforced concrete of revolutionary
strength with OSHA required hearing protection even across the street.
Fortunately, my little visitor is mute during this visit.  What a
beautiful bird! - and only some 6 feet away out my home office window.  LPG.

Thomas Maiello