[mou] Sabine's Gulls Duluth

Peder Svingen psvingen@d.umn.edu
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:49:22 -0500

At 4:05 PM this afternoon, Don Keinholz and I spotted 4 juvenile
Sabine's Gulls flying towards Canal Park from our vantage point on the
viewing platform near Lafayette Square/31st Street on Park Point in
Duluth. We stayed at this location until 5:15 PM but did not see them
again. We did see four or five different jaegers during this time
(based on plumage and number of jaegers seen simultaneously).

We heard second-hand that observers at Wisconsin Point saw Little and
Sabine's gulls today. As many as five jaegers were in view
simultaneously from that location, including one identified as a
Pomarine.
--
Peder H. Svingen
Duluth, MN